THE BIG MOVE - What should you buy?
- Registration details – these are really useful for the first couple of days and then can be left at the bottom of a drawer for the next few years (UCAS forms or a letter from the university confirming your place).
- Passport photos for university registration, every official document you own – French bureaucracy is notoriously long winded so bring copies of your passport photo, birth certificate, student cards, bank statements, health cards, driving license - as much as you can think of!
- Laptop – Remember to also bring a USB stick to back up your work and possibly a cheap printer (although you can always print things off at uni). Make sure you remember to insure these items.
- Extension cable and adaptors – you will also find a 4+ socket extension lead useful. Many rooms will have few power sockets.
- Laundry bag - especially handy for those who will be making regular visits to the lavomatics in Paris.
- An iron and small ironing board
- Towels, sheets, pillows, duvets, blanket – find out exactly what is provided for you before you go.
- Clothes hangers – you’ll often find some left by your room’s previous occupant.
- General cooking utensils - but always check if your accommodation has already provided these items.
- Plates, cutlery, your favourite mug - but always check if your accommodation has already provided these items.
- Toaster, kettle - but always check if your accommodation has already provided these items.
- A-Level notes (If you struggle with grammar this might be useful)
- Books – only buy the ones you know you’re going to need (but you can buy them off previous students or find them in the SU for free). Otherwise wait to receive your reading lists. Also see our recommended reading list for what to read over the summe rbefore you begin your first year at ULIP!