Metro Grands BoulevardsM8/M9 /Strasbourg Saint Denis M8/M9 Etienne Marcel M3
Arts et Metiers M3 M11
- The Thistle 112 Rue Saint Denis http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thistle-pub-paris with a magnetic field that pulls you in on St.Patricks the Thistle is another local for the expat with a friendly barkeep and a cosy interior, abit small so can get a touch crowded but surely the more the merrier.
- Lounge Bar Paradise 37 Boulevard Bonne Nouvelle http://www.yelp.fr/biz/lounge-bar-paradise-paris questionable hip hop but incredible terrace, covered in case of rain, and proper sofas out there too for maximum comfortability. Cocktails and beers in a good price range, planches offered for food.
- The Frog and Roastbif 119 rue saint denis http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-frog-et-rosbif-paris the old lets try and be wetherspoons but were in France so we have to be different and offer “added value” instead of “actual value” so lets conjure up an overly pretentious menu to try and convince expats its up market and try to convince Frenchies that we’re in the mid-range dining bracket with our “own brews”, which have unimaginative quite frankly daft names that taste worse than they sound, in an overly worked “traditional” british pub that reminds me more of a 19th century court house than a pub. Having said that the pitchers on happy can be good and if you know someone who works there its session o’clock.
Arts et Metiers M3 M11
- Potato Bar/ its actual name is L’attirail http://www.yelp.fr/biz/l-attirail-paris dubbed potato bar because there is potentially free potatoes on offer, and when I say potatoes I mean like not chip like enough to call chips nor wedges nor roast potatoes so simply potatoes. €3.50 pints and a quickly filled terrace with an indiscriminate menu at 10€ a meal you can’t complain. Decorated like a ruin bar a truly inscriptive experience.
- The Quiet Man http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-quiet-man-paris Frank the barman takes no messing but is more than happy to chat to a jovial regular with beers on offer at €3.50 and the best pint of guinesss in Paris. Gaelic singing on a Thursday and a dart board, whats not to like?
Saint/Paul, Hotel de Ville, Chatlet, Bastille M1, M4, M7, M11,M14
- McBrides 54 Rue saint denis http://www.yelp.fr/biz/mc-brides-paris dance. Drink. Pool. Food. Ultilitarian goodness and a guaranteed good time in a spacious feel good atmosphere
- The Auld Alliance 80 rue francois miron http://www.yelp.com/biz/auld-alliance-pub-paris moderate price range with €3.50-€6 a beer and €2 a shot this quirky Scottish pub is a home from home. Food at a reasonable price, and portion, with a snooker table in the back room it probably is as close as you get to a proper pub in Paris. Litte terrace and really friendly staff. Session.
- UFO 49 Rue de Jean-Pierre Timbaud http://www.yelp.com/biz/ufo-paris-2 rock/metal bar just imagine the American diner from Pulp Fiction after an apocalypse and youre there. The music isn’t too load so non hard rock fans don’t beware!
- Ethnika Bar 127 Rue Saint-Maur https://www.yelp.fr/biz/ethnika-bar-paris great cocktails, good pints, good shots, just an all round good bar. Cool downstairs although it gets full quick and can be cramped. The owner is a really good guy and if you get in his good books its happy hour prices all day everyday although at 3 odd euro a pint who needs happy hour!
- Le Chouff' Bar 16 Rue du Pot de Fer http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-chouff-bar-paris an amazing bar that plays all sorts of music from blues to hip hop and ofcourse they have chouff on tap which is one of the best beers available in the city. Abit dark
- Student Bar 38 Rue Mouffetard https://www.yelp.fr/biz/student-bar-paris cool chilled place with loads of seats and an upstairs and downstairs. Cheery staff who love a chat and maybe a sly free drink here and there!
- L'Antidote 45 Rue Descartes https://www.yelp.fr/biz/l-antidote-paris cave downstairs where the proverbial hits the fan and gets funky!! Seating upstairs for a chill but the business goes on in the dj zone downstairs.
Liege M13/Place de Clichy M13/M2/Pigalle M2/M12
- The Coq and Bulldog 64 Rue de Clichy http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-coq-et-bulldog-paris former ULIP local the owner is a legend, comfy chairs and music quizzes on a Thursday!
- L'Escale 34 Rue de Clignancourt 74 rue Martyrs https://www.yelp.fr/biz/l-escale-montmartre-paris 5€ for a pint of cocktail. Escalation indeed.
- Au Metro 39 Rue de Lancry (M5 Jacques Bonsergent) last time I was in they played dire straits all night which for me is fabulous.
- La Marine 55 Bis Quai Valmy https://www.yelp.fr/biz/la-marine-paris-2 Lovely terrace looking onto the canal with nice drink and good food.
- The Lions 153 rue du Chevaleret http://www.thelionsparis.fr/ Lovely interior just like a proper English pub with average prices and same for food.
- Le Lock Grove 15 rue Roger https://www.yelp.fr/biz/le-lock-groove-paris proper cool interior design with funky chairs, good music and cracking drinks.
- Aperock 7 Rue Bayen http://www.aperock.fr/ hard rock/metal/biker bar with really good music, not too aggressive, with good bar food and nice beers. Projector for when the footballs on and really friendly staff!
- Dada’s 12 avenue des Ternes https://www.yelp.fr/biz/le-dada-paris good little brasserie with a very strong terrace game, Pefect for an all dayer, if you can afford it.
- The Cross of St.George 35 rue saint georges http://www.crossofstgeorge.fr/ amazing selection of beer with really friendly English speaking staff.
- 25 EST canal saint martin http://www.timeout.fr/paris/bar/25-degres-est very strong terrace game overlooking the canal, beer in plastic cups but we cant all be perfect! Cant really recommend the food but good for big groups on a sunny day.
Full List of Bars/Pubs: